The BC SCRAP-IT Program Society is a not for profit society. It is not a provincial or federal government program. As such, all incentives are subject to change at any time without notice as they are directly linked to available funding.
Program incentives are available to REGISTERED OWNER(S) of vehicles only. This does not include principal drivers or family members as identified below.
DEFINITION OF VEHICLE
A car, truck, van or other motor vehicle with a combustion or electric engine/motor that is highway capable and has 4 wheels.
- Applicants choosing the Vehicle Replacement incentive MUST purchase vehicles from a participating dealership.
- Applicants MAY NOT purchase a new or used replacement vehicle from a non-participating dealership.
DEFINITION OF VEHICLE
A car, truck, van or other motor vehicle with a combustion engine that is highway capable and has 4 wheels.
ELECTRIC BIKE SPECIFIC
PLEASE NOTE: Our program no longer provides incentives for regular (non-electric) bicycles.
- The $100 point of sale discount (before taxes) provided by the retailer cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer, discount or promotion.
- You will only receive the $100 discount, and be reimbursed $750 from SCRAP-IT when you make a minimum purchase of $1,000 (one thousand dollars).
- The incentive cannot be used towards accessories, conversion kits, or gift cards.
- You must purchase the electric bike from a participating electric bike retailer.
- We do not under any circumstances, mail cheques directly to retailers. Please ensure you can afford the purchase (in advance of receiving the incentive) before choosing this option.
- The receipt you provide must be an original and cannot be a computer print-out. All receipts will be double-checked to ensure compliance with our program policy.
- We will only issue a cheque when a complete claim has been received.
- An electric bike, or motor-assisted cycle, is a two- or three-wheeled cycle with a seat, pedals and an electric motor (up to 500 watts).
- For a more detailed description of what qualifies as an electric bike, please visit this page.
All BC Transit customers, or potential customers, need to be aware of the following policies: