- Maximum one (1) incentive per EV vehicle. An EV can only receive one incentive from our program. In other words, once an EV claim has been made by a SCRAP-IT customer for a particular vehicle, it cannot be resold and then claimed by a second SCRAP-IT customer where a second incentive is claimed for the same vehicle. This applies to both NEW and USED EV incentives. Before purchasing a used EV, please use the following VIN checker to make sure the vehicle you are considering buying, has not already received an incentive through our program.
EXAMPLE: A SCRAP-IT customer scraps their car and submits a claim for a used, 2014 Nissan Leaf. They receive a $3,000 incentive. They later trade in that 2014 Nissan Leaf at a participating dealership and purchase a new EV. The 2014 Nissan Leaf is now being sold as a used EV by the dealership. That 2014 Nissan Leaf has already been the subject of a SCRAP-IT transaction where an incentive was issued. Therefore, that 2014 Nissan Leaf is not eligible for our program, or any future incentives.
Please note, the VIN eligibility checker will search all vehicle records in our database including electric vehicles.
- DEFINITION OF A NEW EV: This vehicle has never been the subject of a retail sale, or registered to an owner (previously owned). A demo vehicle is eligible as a NEW EV only if it meets all three of the following criteria: (1) It has never been registered to an owner, (2) It has only ever been driven by dealership staff and; (3) It’s mileage is less than 10,000 kms. In other words, if the demo vehicle qualifies for the CEVforBC point of sale rebate as a new vehicle, then it will also qualify for the BC SCRAP-IT new EV incentive.
- NEW EV incentives will only be paid when an approved replacement EV vehicle is purchased or leased for a minimum of 3 years.
- USED EV incentives will only be paid when an approved replacement EV vehicle is purchased.
- There is a maximum one (1) incentive per person.
- The EV must be purchased and/or leased from a participating dealership. A list of participating dealerships can be found here.
- EVs with a MSRP of over $77,000 are not eligible for our program. This is similar to the CEVforBC program.
- You must be guaranteed delivery of the EV (by the participating dealership) within 90 days of your application date (to our program). Do not scrap your vehicle until the dealership has confirmed a delivery date for the new EV. If you are unclear about how this works, please review our 90 Day Delivery Policy details page. These policies are included with the regular and EV Program policies you will agree to when you apply.
- After-market conversions (gasoline to electric) ARE NOT approved replacement EVs.
- Yes, you may combine this incentive with any other incentives being offered by vehicle manufacturers/dealers and/or government offerings.
- All electric vehicles must be considered “highway capable” in order to qualify for our program.
- Fleets will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us for more information.
- The list of qualifying vehicles can be found below: